Thursday, September 15, 2011

Easily Entertained

{I would like to go on record as saying that the last post was not being mean and teasing the puppy. I happened to be enjoying a pumpkin muffin, and the puppy decided to sit right there and stare at me. Camera was right next to me, I couldn't resist.}

Thank goodness that children are easily entertained. We have been in major potty-training mode on the job front {for the boys, not me, before you make the joke that the Mr. always thinks is so funny.} They are actually both doing really well, which has been great, because changing three diapers all day long was tedious. There were days where it felt as though the only thing I was doing was feeding children and changing them.

Their ever so important treat for going on the potty is getting an M&M. It's cute how special they think it is. Can you imagine getting one M&M as a reward for doing something difficult? It would be such a let down.

One of the toughest parts of getting the boys to the potty is what to do with the little one. He has become a master-crawler and is such a speedy guy that I can barely turn my back on him. Unfortunately he loves the little training toilet and the stairs, which both turn out poorly if left alone for too long. So while trying to keep him from pulling Curly off the training toilet, falling down the steps or knocking the toilet paper off onto the Blonde, I decided to see if he liked playing in the sink.

Success.



{NOTE: Although it does not appear that I am holding the Chunk up I am. The top picture you just can't see my hand behind him and the bottom picture I was only away from him for about 5 seconds to take the picture and was ready to catch him should he decide to jump. I promise no children were harmed in the taking of these photos}

The only problem with this mode of distraction. He doesn't like leaving the water so much. Results in some tears and what I can only assume are choice words he has towards me.

keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment