Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easy Pumpkin Muffins

I love to cook. The problem with that is having enough people to feed. Since it's just the Mr. and myself, it seems that I am giving away food to anyone who will take it. Which I love to do as well. As I have said before, I love taking care of people, and to me cooking and feeding them is a great way to start.

I'm taking advantage of this by cooking for my family while visiting their house a bit. The siblings both go to school in town and are home too so it's fun to have the five of us together.

I kept seeing this recipe on Pinterest {or the most addicting website out there} and decided why not try it now? It seems that a habit on Pinterest is pinning things and then never doing anything with it, so I have tried to be very proactive in actually trying to create things that look neat. So without further ado, let's start the most simple muffins ever!

You will need:
-1 box of yellow cake mix
-1 can of pumpkin


Yep, only TWO ingredients!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the two ingredients {this does seem a little strange at first, but it actually comes together quite nicely after a couple minutes}





After all of the cake mix is stirred into the pumpkin, start spooning the batter into a muffin tin.



{seriously, one extra?}


Put the muffins into the oven and cook for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Then to make them oh-so-beautiful, go ahead and sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar.

{yes, those are Valentine's Day cupcake liners. we can love all year folks.}

Then dig in and enjoy!



Delicious. Even the least experienced chef can make these. And you should because they are quite the treat {as judged by about half of them being gone already, and I took them out about 20 minutes ago}.

keep it simple.

2 comments:

  1. They were seriously so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make these right now! Wish we could cook them together...since that's the best way to spend time together! And then we would go on a walk, of course, because that's great too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete