Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Unexpected Three Day Weekends

Normally I love having a three day weekend. They are full of relaxation and rejuvination that is greatly needed. I would have loved it this weekend too, it was the Greentree Festival in Kirkwood, which is a fun Arts and Crafts event that takes over the park. I always have so much fun going and walking around, but I just wasn't feeling quite up to par on Saturday, so I decided to lay low and go on Sunday.

Then the rain started. And it didn't stop.

Not that the rain was the main reason my plans were ruined. I wasn't feeling any better, so decided to bite the bullet and go to the doctor to make sure I wasn't really sick.

I knew it wasn't strep. I was positive. I thought it was just a sinus infection, but working with kids I needed to have that reassurance from a strep test to know I wouldn't get them sick.

Throat swabbed.  Six minutes to get the results.

Positive for strep {and I was right, I had a sinus infection too.}

Dang-it. At least they can give you meds for it. But I think I waited just a tad too long to head in to the doc because I was miserable Sunday night. And Monday. Nothing like laying around the house all day with a sore throat. They're the worst, right? I would have rather had the flu. My throat was so swollen and painful, but after that 24 hours of meds it did start to feel better. So back to the grind today.

The boys had their second full day of school. And they LOVE it. I barely get hugs when we get there, they just run in and tell me to take the Chunk home. Fine by me. Better that than leaving them in tears everyday.

Hope you had a great, strep free weekend!

keep it simple

No comments:

Post a Comment