Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And Another....

This heat. I feel like I keep coming back to it, but it has gotten to the point of no return. We got our electric bill for last month, and it was painful. Apparently when your air conditioner doesn't turn off, day or night, you pay for it. Yikes. I am thankful everyday that we are blessed to have AC, because it seems like each morning there is another tragic death in the area of someone who wasn't as fortunate. If you have older neighbors, please check on them. It is so heartbreaking that people have to suffer through the summer when others can help by being a good neighbor.

All of our activities must take place in the morning now. Which I am okay with. Curly actually is a stud when it comes to nap-time, and the heat wears him out {I'm talking four hour naps here, and he still sleeps at night.} So today, I was informed that we were going on a walk. Fine by me, wear those little legs out. So off we go and about 2 blocks into our stroll we come face to face with...the street-sweeper. Best thing ever. We chased that street-sweeper for probably close to a mile, poor kid was determined. It was hilarious. We did have a couple stops, as we passed a street that has had construction going on for the past year. Thankfully mansions don't build themselves, and we have gladly taken part in watching the work with the cement mixers, bobcats, bulldozers and trucks since last summer. It's amazing to me how these boys can just sit and watch the trucks for 15-20 minutes. They can't sit through an entire meal, but put a dump truck in front of them and game over.

We eventually lost the street-sweeper {shocking} but made it to the playground for a little while. There is a family center down the street where we would go to an indoor play-group during the colder times {at least that's what I am told, I don't remember any such times} and they are on their summer break now too, so there aren't any kids. This playground is never empty, so it's fun when you can get it without 50 kids on it.







He was a wild man today, refuses to go down the slide and way but head first and he couldn't stay on any part of the playground for more than 5 minutes and was off running to the next thing. No wonder he is still sleeping, makes for a nice afternoon of Pinterest for me I suppose.

keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment