Monday, August 22, 2011

Visitors

I love visitors. Like really love it. I always hope that my friends and family know how welcome they are in our home and that their presence fills my heart with such a joy {no matter how scatter-brained I might seem during it all}. I love to fuss over people {maybe that's why I've enjoyed nannying so much}.

A few weeks ago, my Lawrence family {you guys are family, deal with it} came through to visit us. Catherine {she's superwoman, just wait...} took their four {soon to be five} children on a road-trip across the country to visit family and friends. That's right, she's preggers and she drove from Charleston, SC to Lawrence, KS and OK by herself with her four kids. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Lucky for us, StL is on the way back from Oklahoma, so we were fortunate to get a long weekend with them.

We got lots of fun StL activities in while they were here:

The Magic House!
Dr. Monique

Aden showing off his catch 

Nathan enjoying the slide

  President Annabelle in the "Oval Office"

 Climbing the beanstalk

Grants Farm:


Silly boys in the stables

 
 Carousel

Water fun:


It was after all boiling the weekend they were here. Of course after they were in the yard playing in the water it started to rain, but they didn't mind, water is water, doesn't matter where it's coming from!

We had so much fun with the visit, it made us sad that we don't live in the same town anymore, but that always makes visits so special. I can't wait to see you guys again soon, hopefully the entire family which will be SEVEN at that point! I can't wait to meet the little one, only a few more weeks til the arrival, maybe I can convince the Mr. to let me fly out to Charleston in the winter =)

keep it simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment