Monday, August 1, 2011

Two Years Ago...

I was doing this:


 



By far the best day of my life. We had such a great time with our wonderful family and friends. Everything was perfect (thankfully the big man upstairs blessed us with a cool spell and it wasn't 105, like it is today).

I can't believe it has already been two years. For the most part it seems like it was yesterday, but when I stop to think about all the changes in our life that have occurred since that day, I remember what a crazy two years it has been.
  •  We moved to Lawrence.
  •  The Mr. completed his Master's.
  •  The kidney-stone debacle. Not the best Thanksgiving ever. 
  •  I lost my Grandmother.
  •  We moved to St. Louis.
  •  The Mr. passed his CPA tests (on the first go around, praise the Lord!)
  •  I started my new job with the crazy three.
  •  The Mr. started his new job.
  •  We finally got our puppy =)
  •  I lost my Grandfather.
There were so many things to be thankful for over the past two years, but also so many things that brought serious heartache to our family. It takes your relationship to a new level when you go through the grief of losing someone close to you, and we unfortunately had to do it a lot, very close together (I actually lost my three remaining grandparents in a span of two years and three months.) But we made it through, and I am thankful that we had each other during those times.



Today, two years later, my day has been oh so different. It was spent sweating my life away at the Zoo because dear old Curly only wanted to see the animals today.






 Although I did get a kick out of both this turtle and the lion. You don't get to see the big cats too often and in Curly's words, "That lion is handsome, he's just chillin'." It's been a good day, just not what I envisioned two years ago.


Now just time to wait for our date night. Maybe we can wear this again:


Maybe not. I am a lucky girl and got to wear my dress two times though. More on that another time though.

keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment