Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Week

Has been chaos. Lot's of running around and not a lot of time to relax. Which is okay, and I typically prefer to be doing something, but still...it's nice to have a little time to yourself.

We are doing some serious potty-training-bootcamp around these parts and Curly has been doing pretty good. I'm seriously impressed. Nothing that bribery and stickers can't solve. We did two days without any accidents {insert me jumping up and down celebrating here}. I didn't even try today. We went to the Museum of Transportation with the Blond, Chunk and their mom, J and without bathrooms being right around the corner, I didn't want to risk it. The five of us had fun though, despite the sweltering heat. It's so good for the Blond and Curly to get together to play during the summer since they don't see each other every day. After that we went to Jeremiah's and got ice-cream for the boys hoping to see a train go by, but apparently they stopped working {seriously, I have never been down there without at least one train}.

So now I am basking in the glory of sitting down and relaxing while Curly enjoys a little siesta. Simple pleasures.


This morning I started Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method. I liked the strength training. The cardio/aerobics part wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but that's alright. It was a little more dance than I was expecting, and being as I have no rhythm and failed miserably in my 8 week stint of dance classes you can imagine how absurd I looked. But hey, I figure I'm trying, it has to get easier, and at the very least I'm jumping around, flailing my limbs like a lunatic for 45 minutes, it's got to be doing something!

I'll leave you with a picture of my pride and joy right now. I don't have much of a green thumb, so the fact that any of my wildflower seeds made it to bloom is shocking, and I was very happy to see that the first little sunflower popped yesterday.

It's only about 2 inches across! So cute!

Sunflowers make me miss our Lawrence home a bit.

keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment